I have blogged fanatical about a few of these. Dealer tuned these cars are far more rare than similarly equipped John Cooper Works tuned cars.
“Dinan s2+ mini cooper s – Dinan serial # s20508
We are making in the room in the garage, so our beloved Mini needs a new home. It has been garage kept, Florida car, BMW enthusiast owned and professionally maintained/detailed on a regular basis. This car handles like it is on rails. Night/Day difference compared to a stock Cooper S, and substantially better than a JCW. This car drives great and has an amazing sound track, needs nothing but a caring owner. Very rare Mini, less than a hundred Dinan S2 Minis in existance.
– All major service has been completed including a new ATI Crank Pulley that was just replaced with new belts, etc. last month. Crank pulley’s typically fail in the 60-70k mile range, even on 05’-06’ R53’s. This Mini has primarily Florida Highway miles & needs nothing. – All minor items were replaced before the factory warranty expired. All service/maintenance performed by Orlando Mini and Maitland Imports Mini Service. Only the best & highest quality parts used to create the ultimate street MCS. There are minor rock chips typical of a car of this age to be expected, other than that, no cosmetic blemishes to speak of.
– NEW Conti Extreme Contact DW’s performance tires – 2000 miles on them
– Mobil 1 Oil changes every 3k miles
Dinan S2-MINI Cooper S
The Dinan S2 program takes MINI Cooper S performance to an even higher level, increasing output to 205 horsepower as well as upgrading the suspension system. The S2 engine program features substantial increase in supercharger boost pressure in addition to intake and exhaust enhancements, resulting in eye opening acceleration and handling capabilities beyond compare. In addition to the High Flow-Cowl Induction Intake, a larger bore throttle body is employed, further improving the engine’s ability to breathe for even more power and crisp throttle response. The Stage 3 Suspension System ensures that the MINI has the necessary grip for tight and predictable handling as well as providing a dramatic reduction of under steer, enabling the driver to take full advantage of all 205 horses through the turns. At the same time, the suspension system maintains a surprisingly comfortable ride, vastly more compliant and absorbent than more typical suspension packages where low and stiff tend to be the standard formula. One drive in the Dinan S2-MINI will have you convinced that ride comfort and crisp handling don’t have to be mutually exclusive with proper engineering. The Dinan S2 program delivers the acceleration and handling that make the MINI driving experience that much more exciting, without compromising drivability , reliability or warranty coverage.
The Dinan S2-MINI Cooper S features: Boost Upgrade System; Stage 5 Engine Software; High Flow-Cowl Induction Intake; Free Flow Exhaust; High Flow Throttle Body; Strut Tower Brace; Stage 3 Suspension System (Koni Adjustable Shocks, Dinan Springs, Larger rear anti-roll bar, and Camber Plates) ; Signature Floor Mats; Serial Numbered S2 Plaque; Dinan Deck Lid Badge.
Dinan Stage 2+ (The + is: Revolution Motor Works street Cam, tune, and JCW -blue- injectors) Dyno tuned by RMW to 197hp/180tq at the wheels. This translates to approx 225hp at the crank. It has the perfect amount of power for the chassis.
– RMW Street Cam & Tune
– JCW Injectors
– Powerflex Poly front control ARM bushings (OEM control ARM bushings wear quickly, a known weak point)
– ATI Crank pulley (better than OEM & will outlast the car)
– 22MM rear sway bar
– Hotchkis H-Sport Adjustable Rear Control ARMS (factory rear control arms are a weak point of the suspension & with any suspension there is too much camber that can’t be dialed out without adjustable control ARMs)
– RMW/ARP high strength wheel studs. Custom ordered from ARP only 1 of 10 pairs made for a 06’ MCS (makes wheel install much easier)
– ATE Power Disc Rotors w/Bav Auto Pagid Red Street Pads (within 5k miles)
– Voltage Hood Scoop
– K&N reusable Air Filter (Dinan was disposable type filter)
– New Interstate High Output OEM fitment battery
– V1 Hardwired to factory fuse block
– OEM Sport Grill
– Shadow line black out package for chrome trim, with black Cooper side grills.
– Lifetime 20% window tint
– 3M Clear Paint Protection for front end/hood, rear 1/4’s, & Headlights (the headlights are brand new under the clear film)
(Over $13k for S2 & everything else)
Factory Options: (everything you would want and nothing you don’t need)
Multifunction Steering wheel w/cruise
Harmon Kardon Enhanced Sound
Anthracite Headliner/trim panels (makes a HUGE difference for interior appearance)
Mini ‘Seven’ S.E. Piano Black Trim
Chrome Line Interior
Rear Fog light
Aux Audio Input
– Without sunroof this car saves an estimated 100lbs from the highest point of gravity and weighs in around 2600lbs.
– Currently wired for Sirius Satellite Radio with a Stiletto 2 receiver. I am willing to leave the Sirius Car Kit wiring in place and you can add your own Stiletto 2 Sirius unit. (you can plug & play a Stiletto 2 receiver that can be had of eBay for relatively cheap).”
MINI purists will tell you, and I suppose I am becoming one, that the ’06 R53 MINI is where this car peaked. They were the pinnacle of performance and reliability for the model. I have been driving a ’08 John Cooper Works MCS and trying to tell myself otherwise and it just is not working.
Outside the Dinan set up this car is wonderfully upgraded with all sorts of suspension work, mild motor mods, and appearance bits. It has also been well maintained. The oil changes every 3k is key, if you follow the MINI scheduled maintenance protocol you risk doing serious damage to your motor.
Current bidding is up to $12k with the reserve not met. I would pay $16k for this all day, let’s see if the seller agrees.