I may have mentioned this story before but it bears repeating. Last summer, which seems oh so long ago, I was walking out of Starbucks minding my own business when a fellow leaning against his Smart car offers to race me for pink slips. While I thought he was kidding, I had to laugh. Then I noticed his car had larger wheels, an exhaust, and some body modifications.
Then he tells me that he is going to put a Hayabusa motorcycle engine in his car, a Ferarri killer he called it. I walked away in disbelief and did a You Tube search a little later in the day and found this.
I am not sure that would take a Ferarri in a straight line but it looks like a hoot to drive. Topic change, is anyone else concerned about how close the crowd is to the car in the video? Just sayin…
Anyhow, here is a 2008 Smart Passion Cab with the factory Brabus treatment. It may not have the oomph of the car in the video it sure looks the part. This would make a great little grocery getter.
From the seller -
“This 2008 Smart Cabriolet is one of the nicest you will find. Not only has it been very well taken care of but has also had many dealer installed upgrades including the full Brabus package that was available on the 2009 Smart fortwo. It has heated leather seats as well as an upgraded front lip and side skirts by Rial enhancing the look even more.
- Pioneer AVIC-D3 Navigation System with iPod and bluetooth
- 8 inch subwoofer located under the dash
- Gauge Package
- Rain-Sensing wipers and auto headlights
- Amp behind drivers seat
- Window Tint
- 2009 Brabus Package
- BRABUS sports suspension – lowering the car by 10 mm
- BRABUS “Monoblock VII” alloy wheels, front tires: 175/55 R 15; rear tires: 215/35 R 17 (powder coated black)
- BRABUS sports exhaust system with rear skirt in car’s exterior color
- BRABUS front skirt and side skirt in car’s exterior color
- BRABUS design appliqué for the fuel filler door
- Rial Front Lip and Side Skirts”
I shutter to think what those Brabus updates cost at the stealership. These cars are already depreciating at a rapid rate so I am sure the buyer took it on the chin. Of course this makes a great buying opportunity for someone who was looking for a Smart car that is a little more sinister than most. If I could get over the idea of having a closed casket funeral if I ever got in a wreck in one of these I would pull the trigger myself.