Paul wrote up a very nice, true-Euro ix for 4WD week, but it is possible to find nice examples on this side as well. The true German rocked 4 doors and just 20k miles, but is also over $20k and an ocean away. Today’s is a very clean silver copy in the US with a lot of well-educated enthusiast love to keep it fresh despite over 180k miles. It’s also the fun combo of 2 doors and 5-speeds, with 4 driven wheels making this a late-80s charmer. The care is clear, but does it really elevate an ix above $15k?
Engine: 2.5 liter inline-6
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Mileage: 183,300 mi
Price: $15,750 Buy It Now
Click for more details: 1989 BMW 325ix on eBay
89 325 IX Coupe, 5 speed, Lachsilber with grey cloth interior. Extensive restoration and upgrades. Plenty of torque at the low and high end. Adult driven, not tracked, no rust, no excuses car. I’m technically the 3rd owner of this car. My friend (also an IX fanatic) purchased the car for me in Boulder Colorado where it lived most of its life and delivered it to Santa Fe, NM. It has records from previous owners. I bought it in August 2012 with 167,300 miles and proceeded to restore and upgrade the car. The odometer just turned 183,300 miles with the following completed.
Engine and Drivetrain
- Mega Squirt II chip, air box.
- Custom ceramic coated headers
- Goetz head gasket, valves re-ground, polished intake valves, Raceware studs
- Clutch, machined flywheel.
- Short shifter kit.
- 4:10 transfer cases, re-built drive shaft, seals.
- Brake rotors, pads.
- Ignition coil, distributor, 19lb. injectors, plugs, fuel pump, alternator, timing belt
- A/C compressor, power steering pump, muffler.
- Coil over springs and shocks.
- Rear sub-frame bushings, rear camber kit bushings, inner and outer cv joints.
- M3 front control arm bushings.
- New control arms.
- New wheel bearings.
- BAM front shock tower bar.
- Motor mounts.
Trim – Exterior – Interior
- Euro Hellas, grilles
- Euro bumpers
- Replaced sport seats, door cards.
- Analog clock, Alpine Bluetooth stereo, premium speakers.
- New skid plate
- New sunroof transmission and crank.
I would rate it as 7. Original except for hood re-spray. Clear coat excellent. $500 spent on paint less dent repair. It has usual wear on flares, nicks in paint.
- Two sets of wheels, basket weaves and bottle caps, Blizzaks and summer tires.
The engine bay and exterior appear extra clean, while the apparently-redone cloth seats don’t look quite as showroom-status. It is a very pretty and well taken care-of ix, but with 180k miles I think the asking price is rather optimistic. We’re not quite there yet, E30 folks.