Amongst e28 M5 enthusiasts in North America, this color combo is the most sought after as nearly all of them came with black on tan. Here’s a chance to own one that’s for sale right in my backyard of Portland, Oregon.
It is one of the 22 USA spec cars that came with the black buffalo hide interior.
Except for a newer clutch the engine, trans and diff are original. It does have new driveshaft and half-shafts. New upper/lower control arms with 750 bushings. The car has 139,000 miles on it but, as you see from the pictures, it looks nearly new.
Many parts and trim pieces have been replaced to improve the appearance. It has a complete tool kit of course. I have many other spare parts such as brake pads, original BMW cloth seat covers (I think they sold them to throw over your seats to protect the leather if you got dirty while you were out) and stock mud flaps (never installed, great for protecting the body but just to ugly)
Major changes from stock:
1) Euro Headlight conversion (I still have the original lights and grills)
2) Euro headers installed and new exhaust, including cats (it is pretty loud)
3) Limited edition Momo steering wheel released in the late 80â€™s for the M5/M6 (still have stock wheel)
4) 540 rear brake conversion
5) 17â€ wheels w/ Goodyear GS-D3 (Original wheels stored safely in garage, with tires)
6) J. Conforti chip upgrade
Previous owner installed Dinan suspension (springs, shocks, sway bars) cam gear and K&N air filter. I do have all the Stock suspension parts and air box
I wish my e28 was as clean as this car! The seats are perfect, mechanically has all the ‘right’ upgrades, and even all the stock parts are included.
Chuck submitted his car to be posted here, so if you have questions, leave a comment! If you have a car that needs to listed here, drop me an email!
Good luck with the sale Chuck!