Tired of outrageous G-Wagen pricing but need a huge, powerful, and ostentatious SUV in your life? BMW has the answer for you…sort of. Their Alpina partnership has now extended to the X7, and the result is what we see here – the XB7. The Alpina-tuned 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8 is up to 612 horsepower in these beasts, and of course they had their hand at reprogramming the transmission, fiddling with the suspension, installing their own trim, and popping on massive wheels. This one is a gorgeous color, too – Ametrin Metallic, an extra cost option. Full of electronics, a few optional extras, and grand in scale, I bet you assume that this one would be priced in line with the Gs on the market; but no, it’s a lot more affordable, surprisingly.
CLICK FOR DETAILS: 2021 Alpina XB7 on eBay
Engine: 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8
Transmission: 8-speed automatic
Mileage: 11,000 mi
Location: Carrollton, Texas
Price: $139,900 Buy It Now
NATION WIDE FINANCING
SUBMIT CREDIT APP WWW.TVEAUTO.COM
OR CALL 972-242-5350
* 2021 BMW ALPINA XB7
* 4.4L TWIN POWER TURBO V8 ENGINE
* AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
* ONLY 10,928 MILES
* AMETRIN METALLIC W/BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR
* CARFAX REPORTS 1 OWNER NO ACCIDENTS
* APPEARS TO BE A NON-SMOKER
* PUSH BUTTON START
* FRONT & REAR PARK DISTANCE SENSORS
* HEAD-UP DISPLAY
* PANORAMIC SKY LOUNGE LED ROOF
* BACK-UP CAMERA
* 360 VIEW CAMERAS
* SOFT CLOSE DOORS
* POWER WINDOWS
* POWER DOOR LOCKS
* POWER FOLDING HEATED MIRRORS WITH TURN SIGNALS
* BLIND SPOT CONTROL
* LANE DEPARTURE WARNING
* POWER & HEATED TILT/TELESCOPE STEERING WHEEL WITH AUDIO & CRUISE CONTROLS
* FRONTAL COLLISION WARNING
* PADDLE SHIFTERS
* DUAL POWER HEATED & COOLED FRONT SEATS WITH 2 MEMORY POSITION
* DTC CONTROL
* HILL DESCENT CONTROL
* ASSISTED DRIVING CONTROL
* COMFORT/SPORT MODE
* HILL DESCENT CONTROL
* RIDE HEIGHT CONTROL
* HEATED & COOLED FRONT CUPHOLDERS
* ICE COLD A/C
* DUAL CLIMATE CONTROL
* BOWERS & WILKINS HD AM/FM/SIRIUS STEREO
* SELF DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR
* HOMELINK GARAGE CONTROLS
* DUAL LIGHTED VANITY MIRRORS
* SECOND ROW POWER & HEATED BUCKET SEATS
* REAR A/C CONTROL & VENTS
* POWER REAR SIDE WINDOW SUNSHADES
* THIRD ROW POWER FOLD SEATS
* CARGO COVER
* POWER LIFTGATE
* RUBBER FLOOR MATS
* NO OWNER’S MANUAL
* 1 KEY/1 REMOTE
* 23 IN ALPINA CLASSIC WHEELS
* FRONT TIRES ARE PIRELLI 285/35ZR/23
* REAR TIRES ARE PIRELLI 325/30ZR/23
* RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT.
* GIVE US A CALL @ 972-242-5350 OR STOP BY FOR A TEST DRIVE.
* 1724 LUNA RD IN CARROLLTON – 2 MILES NORTH OF 635.
* CLICK ON CARFAX ICON TO VIEW A FULL REPORT AT NO COST TO YOU.
Personally I would have loved to see a dark brown leather interior, but the outside is great (as these go). Optional extras include the 23″ wheels, the panoramic “Sky Lounge” roof, center-row captain’s chairs, and a few other goodies above and beyond the standard truck’s equipment. Try to build this one yourself, and you’re looking at ~$150,000 at your dealer. But despite the near-new condition and relatively low mileage, this one is discounted under sticker price. What’s going on here? Well, this is supposed to be how it works, right? It’s hard to believe that this Alpina is less than half the asking price of some of the G-Wagens that come on the market. Insane still, but then more inline with the rest of the market, at least.
My brother either rode in or drove a V8 X7 and didn’t care for the ride, which I found interesting. BMW’s usually ride pretty nice. I can’t remember what his complaint was. I can’t wait until we start going back down in wheel size. At the current rate, in two years we will be full “donk” and wondering why it costs $4k to replace our 28″ tires.
This is much better value than the G wagons…as you say, it is even appropriately discounted.
If price is no object, I think this is the best full size V8 luxury SUV. The only other is the GLS63 AMG, which is probably equally good but I prefer the Alpina. The X7 M50i does probably 90% of what the Alpina does at a much lower cost. If you can drop down a size the X5 M50i and SQ7/SQ8 are pretty nice. RSQ8 even better.
Comments are closed.