Here’s a low mileage example of the final year Mercedes-Benz E500 7 passenger estate. I tend to refer to these as Hamptonmobiles, as German estates are the vehicle of choice for those who live and vacation in the far east reaches of Long Island. Armed with 302 horsepower, this wagon can hit 60 in just under six seconds. Additionally, the 4matic all wheel drive makes this a particularly attractive choice for Northeast customers without reverting to the de rigeur SUV.
2006 Mercedes-Benz E500 4Matic AWD Wagon, Original MSRP: $71,085
* Premium Package (Originally $3,550.00)
– Power Tilt/Sliding Glass Sunroof, Includes 1-touch open/close and memory
– harmon/kardon LOGIC7 Surround Sound System, Includes 12 speakers (including dual surround speakers plus a subwoofer) and 7.1 channel amplifier.
– 6-Disc CD Changer
– DVD COMAND Navigation
– Active Ventilated Front Seats
– Heated Front Seats
– Rear Side-Window Roller Blinds
* Hands Free Communication System (Originally $1,450.00)
– Includes Voice Control
* Lighting Package (Originally $990.00)
– Bi-Xenon Headlamps w/Active Curve Illumination, Low and high beam.
– Headlamp Washers
* Automatic Power Liftgate (Originally $520.00)
* Sirius Satellite Radio (Originally $420.00)
* 3rd Seat 7-Passenger Package
* Extremely Clean and Well Cared For Inside And Out.
* 1 Previous Owner
* Clean CarFax & AutoCheck Vehicle History Reports. 100% AutoCheck and CarFax Certified. No Reported Accidents, Issues, Problems, Etc.
* Amazingly Well Serviced and Maintained at Mercedes of Melbourne, FL
* Tires in Very Good Condition, Tires Measure 7/32nds Rear and 6/32nds Front – App. 60% to 70% of the Tread Remaining. All Matching.
Normally I wouldn’t be so enthused about a car for sale in Chicago but it appears this one was sourced from Florida. It certainly appears as such. While the V8 engine isn’t the most economical choice for the times, the color, practicality and condition make this a good choice for long distance travels. If in fact the extended warranty on offer can be honored at Mercedes dealers, it would be a wise choice, as one could enjoy this estate for a little while longer while mitigating repair costs at a fraction of its cost when new.