Speed-linking the posts today because I’m swamped at work! Here we go:
1990 Porsche Carrera 2 on Portland Craigslist for $13k. This is a suspiciously low asking even with the bad clutch, oil leaks, respray, mileage, and low a/c. Then again, it will cost several thousand to correct all those issues. Is this just a case of a realistic seller? I didn’t they existed!
quote from seller’s Portland Craigslist posting:
I’m selling my 1990 Porsche 911 C2 Coupe, 5 speed manual. guards red paint, black interior in good shape, 113,000 miles, original non smoker California car, clean carfax, aero mirrors, cup 1 wheels (replicas), dual exhaust, keyless remote door locks, new alternator, new alternator fan and belts, new starter, new battery, Alpine stereo, new paint, some records, no accident history. Starts up and runs great, no smoke at startup.
Needs new clutch, drips oil a drop or two, tires at about 50%, sunroof works strong, but needs some TLC, center of rear bumper cover has 6″ round spider web in the paint, AC needs a recharge.
This next one is for Jim! A super low miles BMW e28 M5 for sale in Ohio. Enthusiast Auto is well known for their large stock of e30 M3’s and now they have this M5 with under 6k original miles for $46,990!
quote from Roadfly listing:
Schwarz Black over Natural Tan Leather
ONLY 5,125 Actual 1-Owner Miles!
It is a Garage Queen with Zero Scratches, Marks or Imperfections!
This car is in Concours Condition and is the Best Preserved, Lowest Mileage US-Production E28 M5 known to exist.
All History + Documentation! Nearly Perfect Example!
The car has been stored in a heated garage its entire life.
Finally we have this 89 e30 M3 with the S50 6 cylinder conversion. This one has a bunch of Dinan and aftermarket parts in addition to the swap.
quote from eBay listing:
- Dinan 3.0 liter S50 Conversion built by our Dinan Service Center in 2007 at The Gourmet Garage in Lexington, SC
- Featured at 2007 BMW homecoming at the BMW plant in Greer,SC
- Stage 3 Dinan Engine : Euro Air Mass, Stage 3 Dinan Chip, Dinan Fuel Pressure regulator, Strut tower brace,Dinan Badge
- Lightweight 16lb flywheel,Stage 2 Competition Clutch, Short shifter conversion
- The Cold Air Intake , Exhaust , Catalytic Converter , and wiring integration were custom fabricated in our shop.
- New Bilsteins front and rear, New front control arms, E36 M3 quick ratio rack and pinion
- BMW 3 piece 17″ wheels, were disassembled machined and powder coated by Alloy Wheel Specialists
- Yokohama Parada Assymetrical tires 215/40ZR17
- New leather installed on front Sport Seats
- Hand painted “M” color pinstripes
- Professionally repainted , wet sanded by hand , buffed and polished
- AC converted to R134a
- Speedometer rebuilt and set to 0 when Conversion was completed and sold to last owner in 2007
- Current mileage shown reflects mileage since conversion 9,908 (Not actual miles on Body)
- Dinan chip allows no speed limiter
I love doing this blog, but my full-time job and part-time clients are keeping me very busy. Anyone out there feel like co-authoring the blog with me?