The M Coupe has moved from cult legend into one of the most desirable M products produced. Late production S54 equipped models can top up to $60,000 asking prices. Add in a rare color and great combination, and they’re all the more desirable. While not quite a 1:1, the M Coupe is like the Porsche 964, and the S54 models are the RS America of the lineup.
For most of us, that means if you want a ‘Clownshoe’ you’ll need to look towards early production when they were equipped with the venerable S52. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, as lower running costs and higher production numbers mean much lower asking prices. Still, it’s not unusual to see atmospheric asks, such as this 2000 M Coupe in Estoril with Estoril leather. With only 56,000 miles on the clock, the seller wants $39,900. While it’s not likely that number will be even close to realized, good luck convincing them of that.
Yet occasionally a nice one pops up in a no reserve auction format to give us plebeians a chance to own a legend. So here we go, with this ’99. It’s the same Estoril/Estoril combination as above, which is fairly desirable – one of just 313 imported in this pallet. Condition looks very good and there are some high quality modifications, but is there a catch?
CLICK FOR DETAILS: 1999 BMW M Coupe on eBay
Model: M Coupe
Engine: 3.2 liter inline-6
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Mileage: 260,000 mi
Price: No Reserve Auction
1999 BMW Z3 M Coupe Dinan
Exterior Color: Estoril Blue Metallic
Interior Color: Estoril Blue & Black Nappa
Production Number: 1 of 118
Acoustic Belt Warning
Car Telephone Preparation
CD Changer I-Bus Preparation
Green Stripe Windscreen
Heated Windscreen Washer Nozzles
HiFi Loudspeaker System – Harman Kardon
Language Version – English
Limited Slip Differential
Luggage Compartment Net
M Leather Steering Wheel
Main Battery Switch
License Plate Holder
White Direction Indicator Lights
– Dinan Throttle Body
– Dinan Tune
– 6 Speed Manual Swap
– New Clutch
– High Flow Catalytic Converter
– Custom Headers
– Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers w/ Bilstein Shocks
– Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors All Around w/ Hawk Pads
– Hankook V12 Tires
– H&R Spacers All Around
The car is in excellent condition, looks exactly how it does in the picture. No stories on the car, its in mint condition. I do my best to give honest and clear descriptions of my car. This car is very clean on the interior and exterior. I always get lots of compliments on the car! No problems at all. Title on hand. This car is a well kept and well maintained. Excellent perfectly running condition. Always garaged, non smoker, adult driven and never tracked. The car was completely stock when I purchased it. I had all the upgrades professionally installed. I had the motor swapped out with another one with 145k miles on it. I had a 6 speed manual swap. I have all the invoices for what I paid for. Over 6k paid for just labor work. I have changed all the gaskets and hoses, everything with the cooling system. New slave cylinder, clutch master, clutch pedal bushings, doesnt need anything. Complete turn key car. The car has alot of power and really fun to drive.
Terms & Condition
– If you are new to eBay or have a feedback score of less than 5 or negative feedback of any kind, please contact me prior to bidding. If you do not contact me, I reserve the right to cancel your bid without notice.
– Your winning bid is a contract to purchase the vehicle. This is a serious auction for serious buyers only. Please ask all relevant questions prior to bidding. This vehicle is being sold as-is. By placing a bid, you are agreeing to these terms of sale.
– Winning bidder must communicate with me by phone within 24 hours of the end of auction to leave a deposit of $200 (non refundable) and make arrangements to complete transaction.
– You only pay your deposit with Paypal. Complete remainder will be ONLY CASH IN PERSON OR BANK TO BANK TRANSFER.
– I’m a BMW enthusiast and know this car bumper to bumper. I know how hard this car is to find and it’s a once in a life time deal so understand that.
– DO NOT WASTE MY TIME AND BID ON MY CAR AND NOT RESPOND WHEN THE PAYMENT IS DUE
– I can help you with the shipping company’s if you do not have anyone. If you have any questions about anything, again just message me.
Two hundred and sixty thousand catches, actually. Still, seeing that number doesn’t seem to compute with the condition of the car. The motor is claimed to be much younger than the chassis, but the seller doesn’t indicate when it was installed. Still, it should have ~100,000 miles less than the chassis. Dinan upgrades are nice, but again more specifics would be good; there are many Dinan tunes, but presumably this one has the Stage 3 to match the throttle bodies. However, that tune is also intended to have the CIA too. The PSS9 suspension is top-notch and gives the Coupe an even more purposeful stance, augmented by the H&R spacers. The 6-speed manual upgrade is nice, too, if nothing else than for bragging rights.
I presume with this many miles and no outward sign of it, there’s been paintwork in the past. But boy does this car look pretty good in the photos, both inside and out. There are no underhood or underchassis shots though, leaving some question marks there. That hasn’t slowed down bids much though. Even with the high mileage, this car should leap past $10,000 soon with two days to go. It will be interesting to see where it lands, but currently this is just about as cheap as it gets for these Clownshoes today.